Monday, November 17, 2008

Antique Window with Vinyl Lettering

Supplies:
  • Window with wooden frame
  • Vinyl Lettering in phrase of your choice

Make sure to wash the window well (and get rid of any spiders like I had to). On the side of the window opposite of where you want your text, mark the window with a dry erase where you want your text to be. This will allow you to line your words up properly. Flip the window over so it's right side up now. Peel the backing from the vinyl lettering and place it over your marks from the opposite side. Rub over each letter with a popsicle stick. Unpeel and erase the dry erase marker. Tada!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for doing this blog! I "volunteered" today to host our ward's craft group in several months, so I'm happy to have a place to go to for ideas! Cool window!

Keep them coming, k?

Unknown said...

very cute!! I have been doing windows like that with custom lettering...I love the rustic look of the old window. we have a habitat for humanity close to my home so I can get the window panes for like 5 bucks!

where are you getting your windows?