Monday, August 18, 2008

Dryer Hose Pumpkins

Since fall is approaching and since every other item on here is baby related, I decided I should include this post. I can't remember where I saw this idea, but it was a long time ago. I finally got around to making them last fall. You'll need some craft wire, orange spray paint, 1" diameter driftwood for the stems, some silk flower leaves, and flexible dryer hose. If I remember correctly, 12 feet of hose made three pumpkins, but I might be wrong. I prefer the vinyl kind. I think the foil looking type tends to be more wrinkly.

The instructions: Stretch the dryer hose on one side so that it makes a tight circle. I'm not sure how else to explain it, but you should understand what I mean by looking at the picture and playing with the hose yourself. Cut it slightly longer than where it meets to make a tight circle. Fasten the ends together with some craft wire. You'll have to poke some holes for the wire to go through, then wrap the wire around the wires inside the hose. Then spray paint the circle orange. When the paint is dry use hot glue to attach your stem and leaves. The stem should fit snugly in the hole created, but I still glue it, then glue leaves around it. It's pretty simple and cheap.

No comments: