Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Leaf Garland

Fall is by far one of my favorite times of year. Except for Christmas, autumn is the only time of year that I really decorate for. Here is a fast and simple idea. Buy a bag of fabric leaves in fall colors. I have seen these at Wal-mart, dollar stores, and craft stores. Usually they are about $1 for 100 leaves or so. I really love to decorate with these during fall. I put them on window ledges, attach magnets to the back and hang them on the fridge, etc. This time I sewed a continuous stream of leaves by attaching corners of the leaves at different angles. Just keep sewing until your garland is as long as you want it to be. I strung it across a wall to make a nice accent. I really don't like the leaves I used, but they were all I could find when I did it. I'd prefer solid colors of dark red and brown instead of firey orange and bright red. Oh well, you get the point.

No comments: